Monday, December 15, 2008

Mix it up, baby! Click and snack.

1) Do you love mixing and matching in the kitchen?

2) Want an idea for a super personalized gift everyone will love?


3) Are you looking for something unique for your wedding favors or out-of-towner wedding bags?


If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you'll love Mix My Granola.



This cool new site lets you custom blend your own 16 ounce canister of granola in a few easy clicks starting at just $3.99.

- Choose your base (Organic granola, French vanilla granola or organic Swiss Muesli)


- Add your toppings (more than 48 natural and organic ingredients like fruits and berries, nuts and seeds, and fun "extras" like Wasabi peas, organic gummy bears, peanut M&Ms, etc). For every ounce of toppings you add, the nutrition and pricing will adjust.

- Give it a fun name

- Wait for it to arrive in the mail and then gobble it up!



I created my own batch and it was delicious and oh-so-fresh compared to many pre-made granolas out there. I went a little crazy with my "Globetrotting Bride's Tropical Honeymoon Nosh" and added dried mangos, dried plums, Goji berries, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, coconut shreds, crystalized ginger, peanut butter pretzel bites, pomegranate cordials and mini yoghurt pretzels!

Doesn't this look yummy?




I think this would be a fun gift for newlyweds (breakfast in bed, anyone? snack for a long flight?), a fun shower gift and a unique wedding favor/out-of-towner wedding bag addition (group discounts available). Gift certificates can be bought online too.

Want your own? One lucky Globetrotting Bride reader will get the chance to create his or her very own Mix My Granola blend. Just comment below by Friday, December 19th and tell me your favorite Mix My Granola fruits, seed/nuts, or extras.

6 comments:

Cara said...

My favorite combo: French Vanilla Granola with Banana Chips, Dried Apricots and Mangoes, Roasted Cashews, Hazelnuts, and Chocolate Raisins!

Anonymous said...

My favorite would be french vanilla granola, dried bing cherries, roasted almonds, roasted cashews,macademia nuts, sunflower seeds and rice crispies!!
Neine

Anonymous said...

I ordered one custom mix for each of my sisters, and I'll give it to them with a gift certificate so they can order more. I chose apple, cranberry, chocolate espresso beans, and crystallized ginger. yum!!

Jennifer said...

I love this! I've never heard of this company before, but what a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

Bad Kid Productions said...

French vanilla, apricots, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, rice crispies - YUM! What an adorable find thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I'll have what you're having!
The mix looks delicious, more like a snack than a cereal. Another yummy idea.