Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Skinny Girl Margaritas! Ole!

I learned on Cinco de Mayo that a typical margarita has about 740 calories! I had no idea my favorite cocktail could be as fattening as a cheeseburger...


Since I love The Real Housewives of New York, I thought I'd share with you Bethany Frankel's recipe for The Skinny Girls Margarita that was featured on the show last week:

The Skinny Girls Margarita

On the Rocks

What you’ll need:

* 2 oz of clear Tequila (100% agave, Patron Silver) count 1, 2 while you pour, no need for measuring
* A splash of fresh lime juice
* A splash of Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec

Combine all ingredients over a glass of ice

Garnish with a lime wedge and salt (or sugar) if you’d like.

Since everyone loves a margarita, why not mix up a batch of these for your next bachelorette party or summer BBQ? I think they would also make a great signature cocktail for engagement parties and weddings too.

7 comments:

Broke-ass Bride said...

I love to do that, but I use MinuteMaid Light Limeade - sooooo tasty, and only 5 calories!

Julia said...

oooh yum. Cointreau is my new love. that, lemon, and lime on ice on a hot summers day... mmm...

melissa said...

740!! ouch. I love that show as well! They crack me up. Interested in what NJ will bring...

Elegant Myra said...

Hungrygirl.com has great skinny cocktail recipes. They have a key lime pie martini and lots of other interesting choices.

Elsa said...

good!:)))大月映莊園,定風波,佳佳民宿,沙古拉民宿,太魯閣,花蓮,桂林民宿,無名小築,和風民宿,桔園,曼特寧,泰德民宿,幸福,農園,河堤雅舍,海之戀,山緹庭園民宿,方翊民宿,休閒民宿,民宿,景觀民宿,民宿,渡假民宿,有間客棧,花弄房,山郡民宿,四季,樂以居,法洛米,雅爾富之家,吉昌之家,花園民宿,外出小窩,休閒民宿,民宿,拾穗田園,羊兒煙囪,庭園民宿,峇里戀人,田園民宿,真善美民宿,曉雨浪漫館,立群花園民宿,田園民宿,湘緣小築,渡假套房,仁光民宿,梅蘭民宿,福居民宿,洄瀾灣,水庭,漁夫民宿,渡假花園,花園民宿,山之谷民宿,羽庭居民宿,峇里情人,水月花都,香格里拉,休閒民宿,麻吉的家,晴光,貓頭鷹,松木居民宿,庭園民宿,築園民宿,居亭民宿,雅馨民宿,站前9號,春夏秋冬

Milwaukee Computer Support said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

jane's watch phone said...

This is perfect for a beach party, thanks!