Globetrotting Cindy is just back from the tropical Florida Keys with a great hot spot for destination weddings:
Casa Morada, hidden in the low-key lazy beach town of Islamorda, Florida, is just 90 miles from Miami and only 90 minutes from Key West. The 16-suite boutique hotel tucked away on a quiet side street, is owned and designed by former Ian Schrager employees, who took their combined 24 year experience to bring guests the ultimate romantic and upscale experience. It's an adults only (16 and up) property and friendly dogs are welcome.
Each of the oversized suites are decorated with a mixture of custom Mexican antiques and modern accents and have private terraces.
The coolest feature of this property is the small private island, accessible by a wooden bridge. The island has a pool, beach chairs, and a cabana serving great cocktails and small bites. Complimentary yoga is also offered on the island every morning.
The Casa Morada offers affordable wedding and honeymoon packages, my favorite is below:
Sunset Elopement Package for up to 20 guests (available mid-week)
- Honeymoon Suite for two nights for the bride and groom
- 5 Garden Suites for the night of the wedding for family and friends
- Continental breakfast delivered to the new couple's suite every morning
- Sunset Ceremony performed at water's edge for up to 20 guests
- Bridal bouquet and boutonniere
- Photographer for 1.5 hours
- Photo DVD of 150 - 250 images and a private website to share with your family and friends
- Champagne toast after ceremony
- Wedding cake
- Fruit & cheese platter
- All taxes
Priced at just $5,625.00 now through December 31, 2009