Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's as easy as ABCD!

Not only is Amy of ABCD Designs one of my favorite bloggers and Twitters, she's also an extremely talented invitation designer! She's got amazing style, a knack for envisioning, a keen sense for details AND shes also a worldly globetrotter!

Check out this elaborate invitation suite she designed for a Nicole and Michael's destination wedding in the Bahamas:



This funky and modern design is actually inspired by vintage damask (see the pink kissing couples pattern? That design is made from an actual photo of Nichole and Michael kissing).



Wish I was invited! The couple arranged chartered flights and hotel rooms for all their guests.



Amy works mostly on custom (or bespoke) designs but she's also got an off-the-peg (ready-to-write) collection loaded with great designs. Check them both out here. And keep in mind that her invitation suites can be as minimal (invite and RSVP) or maximum (directions, programs, table cards, place cards, menus, etc.) as you want. Oh an if you want to see some of Jeremy Lawson's photos from Nicole and Michael's destination wedding, click here.

4 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Wow her invites are awesome. I love the design! :)
RelentlessBride

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a fabulous post -!- Thank you ever-so-much for featuring my designs.

Nicole was a wonderful bride to work with. She said "We may be getting married on a beach, but there will be nothing beachy about it!" I want glittery, rich and reflective invitations! You know what I mean? BLING."

The designs are foil stamped - pressed into the paper with reflective foil. The pink paper is actually metallic. It is a shame these photos I took don't show the richness of the designs in real life!

Thanks again for the feature, I am posting about your blog later in a "Thanks for the mention" post at http://www.abcddesign.com

Warm regards,
Amy Beth Cupp Dragoo
ABCD Design Blog &
ABCD Designs Bespoke Stationery, inc.

Amanda B. Young said...

I know. I looove her work! She's truly talented.

Thanks so much for checking out my blog, by the way. I love yours!

rebekah said...

Amy does beautiful work!