Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tips from the Pros: How to take amazing engagement and wedding ring photos

Speaking of photography, have you ever noticed how hard it is to take a good photo of your engagement and wedding rings?

Here are my best attempts. I'm obviously a novice here.





I found a great tutorial on ring photography from Anne Ruthmann Photography and I'm excited to test out some of her ideas. Since I'm heading off on a Mexican vacation tomorrow, I thought I'd start a new tradition of photographing my rings in exotic settings. I'll share some pics when I return. And, if you have any good shots (travel themed or not) to share, send them on over.

6 comments:

Girl Meets Beau said...

Your ring is gorgeous!! You did a really good job with these pics. Thanks for posting the link. I'm so excited to try this!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see your pics after mexico :)

RelentlessBride

starfish said...

I read that tutorial as well and attempted a few shots. I posted a few on my blog and I'm taking a trip in February and plan to take more in the sun! I can't wait to see how your turn out!

Anonymous said...

yeah--put them on flowers in Mex...that's be really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Did you get a ring photo from your mini moon in St. Lucia? This is a good idea for those girls who don't like to be photographed.
Looking forward to the Mexican Ring Photo. You could even track each holiday with a ring photo.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ring! Can't wait to see pictures of it making its way around Mexico!

Have fun!