Thursday, January 22, 2009

When you gotta go, you gotta go...

In public restrooms, which toilet is most often the cleanest?
  1. The first (closest to entrance)
  2. The second
  3. The last (furthest from entrance)

Correct answer: The first (closest to entrance)

Here's a handy discovery I read about on HipCompass. If you're honeymooning in Europe or the USA, this will definitely be of interest.

MizPee.com (MizPee.eu in Europe) is a website dedicated to helping people find clean bathrooms. Just type in where you are and a list of nearby restrooms appears with cleanliness ratings, hours of operations and reviews from fellow-toilet seekers.

It's fairly new in the states so not all U.S. cities are listed but more are being added ever day. European cities include Berlin, Brussels, Parma, Udine, Treviso, Verona, Pisa, Florence, Genoa, Trieste, Palermo, Naples, Bologna, Venice, Milan, Rome, Barcelona, London and Paris.

I tested it out and it gave me many fine New York City options in addition to the expected Starbucks and McDonald's.

Want more bathroom trivia?

Which European people use the most toilet paper per person?

  1. The English
  2. The Germans
  3. The Swedes

Correct answer: The Swedes

Which city calls itself the Toilet Paper Capital of the World?

  1. Seattle, WA, USA
  2. Newark, NJ, USA
  3. Green Bay, WI, USA

Correct answer: Green Bay, WI, USA

The average person spends how much of their life on the toilet?

  1. 1 year
  2. 2 years
  3. 3 years

Correct answer: 3 years

Which country used flat sticks before the introduction of toilet paper?

  1. China
  2. Japan
  3. India

Correct answer: Japan

12 comments:

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Eeek- public restrooms freak me out - I usually have to tell myself I am not going to catch anything before I go in... and complete my business in record time, wash my hands, and RUN far far away. I think gas station bathrooms are by far the most yucky!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

This is a funny post... public bathrooms... best thing about them - when they have toilet seat covers... use as oil blotters on your face
(prior to use on toilet) :)

RelentlessBride

Girl Meets Beau said...

How funny..yet informative! I had no idea the first stall was the cleanest! I will remember this next time I'm out :)

Adrienne said...

So funny! Public restrooms scare me....thanks for the tidbits!

Mrs. Ruby said...

REALLY? I always avoid the first toilet. Haha - what a GREAT post!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Globetrottingbride said...

I usually avoid the first stall too. I guess that's how it stays the cleanest...

Anonymous said...

Now that is news I can use! On a related note, I heard a piece of presidential bathroom trivia on the TV this week. The reporter said that there was approximately 1 porto-potty for every 400 people watching the inauguration. I guess the subway wasn't the only place with long lines that day...

Anonymous said...

heehee! It's SO true about Swedes and toilet paper. But there's a reason for it, and it's not what you think.
Boxed facial tissues (Kleenex) are extremely expensive here, and in most homes you will see a roll of toilet paper sitting on the table in the kitchen. Instead of Kleenex.

Globetrottingbride said...

Wow that is crazy about the inauguration porto-potties!

And I never knew that about the expensive toilet paper Sweden! My husband is part Swedish, I thought it was in his genes!

Anonymous said...

Wow, interesting post! I knew the thing about the first toilet, but the rest was quite interesting as well. Well done! :)

Eva Queenslandfan

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. Public restrooms scare me. I always use the Nordstroms one when I'm at the mall. When I lived abroad for a year I really missed public restrooms having toilet seat covers. I got a travel pack. But the bathrooms with the bidets just freaked me out!

P.S. You are on my blog list! I think you were from before tho :) I regularly check your blog. Great work!

Don't like public restrooms either! said...

Hahaha this post is cute. I don't think ANYONE likes public restrooms.
Oddly enough if one travels enough and experiences FOREIGN restrooms, sometimes ours don't seem so bad LOL.